What will you be doing on May 14th? Hopefully celebrating “World Fair Trade Day“! Since 2001, people around the world have been celebrating a commitment to socially and environmentally conscious consumerism – you can be part of this year’s celebration!
Learn more about the U.S. “World Fair Trade Day” campaign initiated by the Fair Trade Resource Network1
What events are happening in Ohio for World Fair Trade Day?
Midwest Fair Trade Fest – Columbus, Ohio
Send an e-mail to email@example.com to have your event added to this list.
How else can you celebrate the day?
- Start your morning with a cup of Fair Trade Certified coffee!
- Attend a fair trade event – find a listing of events here: http://www.fairtraderesource.org/link-up/events-calendar/
- Visit a store that focuses on fair trade products in your community – Check out a map of stores in Ohio here! Or find online stores and stores in other states at: http://www.fairtraderesource.org/change-the-world/buy-fair-trade-products/
- Learn more about Fair Trade and why we need it!
- Enjoy a chocolate bar with Fair Trade Certified chocolate or if you are healthy try a Fair Trade Certified banana!
- Bake with Fair Trade Certified products like sugar or vanilla extract!
- Be part of Green America’s “Fair Trade Your Supermarket Campaign” by stopping by your local supermarket and ask them to offer more fair trade products
- Pick-up a pint of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream that has the Fair Trade Certified label on the front, letting you know that particular flavor includes Fair Trade Certified ingredients!
- Support Ohio Fair Trade Network’s “Connect a Fellow Buckeye with Fair Trade” campaign and encourage someone to join Ohio Fair Trade on Facebook, follow on Twitter, or visit the Ohio Fair Trade Network Blog.
- Finish your day with a cup of Fair Trade Certified Tea!